It can be difficult to predict what your Support Worker will do, but that’s okay.
We are here to clarify everything so that you have a better understanding of what to expect.
What does a SUPPORT WORKER do – NDIS
Our support workers are there to help you when you most need it.
They are there to help you achieve your goals and increase your independence.
They can assist you in gaining access to the community through innovative community participation, allowing you to participate in activities that build independence, skills, and connections.
Our support workers can assist you with Life Skills Training and development and Assistance with Daily Life. This will help you to develop your independence and confidence.
They can assist you in your travel and transport skills so you can be mobile to attend all the appointments and outings that you need.
We can help you learn new skills, increase your confidence, and lead a fulfilled life.
Our support staff can help you with anything you need, such as a chat about your health and well-being, a session with a personal trainer, or a meal plan.
We can help you improve your daily living by making it easier, and cleaner, and learning new skills.
You can request any of these services by visiting the page on disability support services. We’ll help you find a Support Worker to assist you.
Our NDIS disability support workers can be expected to:
- Experience in supporting NDIS participants with disabilities and medical conditions
- We want to help you live the life you desire by helping you reach any goal.
- Be patient and understanding in your opinions, independence, choice, and control.
- Respect others and listen to their needs.
- Excellent communication skills. Will listen to your points of view and needs.
- Have fun working with others.
- You have completed the NDIS Quality, Safety and You’ and Infection Prevention and Control For COVID-19 Training.
- Learn the NDIS Code of Conduct.
- Passed the NDIS Worker Screening Check, which includes a national police check as well as a Working with Children Check.
- You have completed the training.
- Your needs will be met Everybody has different needs. Our Support Workers’ duty and responsibility is to meet these needs.
- We can help you reach your goals.
- To maximise your health and well-being, you should work with your support and contacts.
- Offer companionship and emotional support.
- Support you in living independently
- You can be transported to any place you want, such as the doctor’s office, the club or the shops.
They will work closely with your NDIS support coordinator so that you are not only making progress towards your goals but also happy with the service you receive.
What are the qualities of an NDIS support worker
- Be supportive and caring
- Be patient and understand
- Communication skills and listening ability are key to success
- Willing to help you
NDIS CODE FOR SUPPORT WORKERS
The NDIS Code Of Conduct will require providers and workers who provide NDIS services and supports to follow the following guidelines:
Supports and services
1. Individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination, and decision-making under applicable laws and conventions.
2. Respect the privacy rights of persons with disabilities.
3. Assist and provide support in a safe and competent way with care and skill.
4. Integrity, honesty, and transparency are key.
5. Take immediate action to address concerns regarding matters that could affect the safety and quality of services and support for people with disabilities.
6. All reasonable measures should be taken to prevent violence and to respond to exploitation, neglect, abuse, and other forms of violence against people with disabilities.
7. You must take all steps possible to prevent and address sexual misconduct.
ENGAGING DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER
The NDIS was created to allow you to make your own decisions about the services and people you receive them from.
You can contact support workers directly if your plan is self-managed.
GAIA CARE SUPPORT SERVICES FOR DISABILITY IN NORTH BRISBANE
We are an NDIS provider and have support workers available to help you in North Brisbane. Get in touch with us today.