What is personal assistance and support in disability?
Personal care support is that assists with personal activities, such as supervision or assistance with personal tasks, in daily life.
Personal care support is the assistance you need with your daily activities, including supervision or assistance with personal tasks. Take, for instance:
- Personal hygiene includes showering, bathing and dressing for grooming.
- Toileting, menstrual care, bladder and bowel management
- Eating and drinking
- Attending appointments or commitments
- Use of hearing aids, communication devices and other appliances;
- Mobility and transferring; for example, moving in and out of a bed or on and off the toilet.
- Basic first aid for injuries caused by a participant’s disability, such as the application of splints and basic first aid
A variety of situations may require personal care support. Participants may need support when they are away from home or with their families.
The support worker will consider the extent to which personal care support is being considered when determining whether it should be included in the consideration of personal care.
- Maximise independence and functional skills for the participant
- They are appropriate for the participant’s circumstances and age.
- Consider whether other arrangements or supports might be possible to meet the participant’s needs in an easier way. A participant may be able to do the task independently using aids or equipment. Training may also be available.
We offer personal care and medication assistance provided in the home for those with disabilities who are unable to perform daily tasks. Individuals can enjoy a comfortable, private environment in which they feel at home with personal care.
Our agency in Brisbane Northside and Moreton Bay offers affordable options for families and friends who are looking for support or assistance in-home for children and adults with disabilities.
We also offer medication assistance for disabled people.
For any enquiries on any of our services or if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us today for your local disability support workers in Brisbane Northside.
Our core work is done by support workers. They will support people with mild to complex conditions every day to help them achieve their goals and live independently.
Our clients’ lives are important to us. We offer our support workers a broad range of training to ensure they are able to deliver exceptional services and have the core skills necessary for success.
Gaia Care Disability Support Services Pty Ltd is a supportive, professional team that is committed to continuous improvement and self-development. We strive for a healthy work-life balance in order to provide the best NDIS disability support services possible to our clients.
Gaia Care Disability Support Services celebrates the diversity of people from all walks and backgrounds. No matter what your cultural heritage, race or religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation, you will be accepted, supported, and included here. We believe in client to organisation trust and professionalism in all aspects of our services and believe that every person has the right to be treated with respect and dignity.